BMHSC Management/Bilingual Mental Health is a NJ, NYS minority women owned business (MWOB) which provides supportive wellness services to community based preschool & childcare programs who serve children and adults in preschool programs.
Certified Minority/Women Owned Business
CURRENT CONTRACTS & HISTORY
· Early Child Welfare Systems Assessments and Compliance Specialist.
· Experience as a Head Start Federal Reviewer and Consultant: Regular speaker at Head Start Professional Conferences
· Health and Safety Audits using Head Start, NYC DOH and DOE Protocols
· Mental Health Direct Service: BMHSCORP provides mental health and Education consultation and
· coaching services directly to over 150 classrooms located in NYC. Services comply with Department of Health, Early Learn, UPK, Head Start and Health Department protocols. Staff are contracted on an hourly bases weekly for a year at a time and most contracts are renewed annually. Currently there are four full time staff assigned agencies in NYC.
· Education/Disabilities: BMHSCORP has a full time NYS licensed Education teacher who provides education& disabilities consultant services on UPK, Head Start and Early Learn Coaching for teachers as well as on site training workshops. A list of most of the workshops are listed on the company website: bmhscorp.com
· Mental Health/Education System’s Development: BMHSCM provides assistance with agencies who require of restructuring, management and the creation on an interdisciplinary approach. Most contracts are managed after an approval by senior administration or Board approval. The company has a history of providing agencies who are “at risk” of losing funds to address corrective plans and compliance requirements.
· Environmental Health & Safety Audits: NYC and New Jersety hired to conduct Childcare and Head Start program audits on licensed Preschool programs in NYC. This contract is ongoing and meets all the ACS, DOE, NYCFD, DOB, Head Start and Health Protocols.
Amanda Allen, LMHC, LPC, Ed.M., M.A.
Amanda is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in New York and a Licensed Professional Counselor in New Jersey. She has 10 years of experience providing bilingual (English & Spanish) Mental Health Consultation services to children and families in Head Start and Child Care settings across New York City. Amanda earned her BA in Human Services from Villanova University and her Ed.M. and MA in Psychological Counseling from Teachers College, Columbia University.
Amanda is CLASS Reliable and has experience as a Disability Coordinator for children who need evaluations through the Committee on Preschool Education.
Areas of specialty include: early childhood social-emotional development and mental health, trauma-informed care, and behavior modification plans. Professional areas of interest include: play therapy, creativity in counseling, adjustment concerns and emotionally responsive practices. Prior experience includes social work in Guatemala and behavior support intern at the Children's Crisis Treatment Center in Philadelphia.
Jacqueline Sinclair, LMSW, MS
Jacqueline Sinclair is a New York State licensed social worker and currently works as full-time mental health, disabilities, & administrative consultant for BMHSCM. Jacqueline received a Masters Degree in Social Work from Fordham University's Graduate School of Social Services in 2012, and a Masters Degree in Nonprofit Management from Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business in 2018. Jacqueline’s prior experiences include working for a marketing firm, a therapeutic foster care agency, and the NGO sector of the United Nations. Jacqueline is currently pursuing her clinical license to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New York State.
Lourdes Arauz, LMHC, Ed.M., M.A.
Lourdes Arauz is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in New York. Lourdes works as a bilingual Spanish Speaking mental health staff for BMHSCM. She serves Head Start and Child Care programs in New York City. Lourdes holds a Master of Education degree and a Masters of Arts degree from Teachers College, Columbia University in Psychological Counseling. As a mental health consultant for Head Start and Child Care programs, Lourdes fosters the behavioral, emotional, and cognitive development of all children by providing teachers and parents technical assistance through behavioral modification plans and providing mental health and special education referrals to outside community agencies when necessary as an intervention to at risk families. Lourdes has expertise in providing culturally sensitive counseling and parenting guidance to families in need through a collaborative approach.
Areas of specialty include early childhood development, special education process in new york city for Early Intervention and CPSE, and individual counseling. Professional areas of interest include childhood trauma, play therapy,child-parent attachment, and yoga. Lourdes has prior clinical experiences working in a counseling clinic, children's advocacy center, and a domestic violence shelter in New York and Texas.
Teresa Shen, MSW
Teresa Shen works as a consultant for BMHSCM. She holds a Masters of Social Work from Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Barnard College. Teresa works as a bilingual Mental Health Consultant for BMHSC (English & Mandarin Chinese) servicing Head Start and child care programs in New York City. Teresa’s prior experiences include children & youth health education, substance use counseling & group therapy, and primary literacy intervention in Peace Corps Uganda.
Lara O’Gorman, MSW
currently works as a part-time consultant for BMHSCM. Lara received a Masters Degree in Social Work from Binghamton University's College of Community and Public Affairs, and was conferred a Bachelors Degree in Psychology from Binghamton’s Harpur College in 2018. Lara’s prior experiences include working for an intensive inpatient ‘Raise the Age’ program and providing group and individual counseling to children, adolescents, and adults. She is CCTP certified and ACEs trained. Her interests include trauma-informed therapy, strength-based collaboration, dialectical behavioral therapy, and an assortment of creative recreational therapies.
· Early Childhood Screen Developmental Screenings· Early Intervention and Department of Education Referrals· Inclusion in Early Childhood Protocols in the classroom· Identifying Development Delays & Challenging Behaviors in Preschool· The Importance of Monitoring and Screening Children’s Development· Understanding and Implementing Early Childhood Development.
BMHSC Management Comp (BMHSCM) has provided mental Health and social services for over 20 years. The company is a for-profit minority woman owned company with provides Children and Families program Assessments.
The company was created to address the specific needs of children in childcare and preschool. Mental Health is provided in Childcare Licensed facilities to ensure they are complaint in the Department of Health Childcare, NYS Agency for Children's Services as well as the Head Start Performance Standards.
We have over 20 years of experience in working with Childcare and Social Services. The company is skilled on the regulatory requirements of the Office of Children and Family Services OCFS. Mental Health and Wellness services are provided by licensed professionals with experience in Early Childhood and knowledge on how to provide mental health in childcare and preschool settings. Services are currently provided in Childcares and Preschool agencies classrooms in New York or New Jersey.
Services provided by BMHSCM are as follows but not limited to Training and Technical Guidance on:
· For Children, Staff and Caregivers
· Early Childhood Screen Developmental Screenings
· Early Intervention and Department of Education Referrals
· Inclusion in Early Childhood Protocols in the classroom
· Identifying Development Delays & Challenging Behaviors in Preschool
· The Importance of Monitoring and Screening Children’s Development
· Understanding and Implementing Early Childhood Development
· Refresher on NJ Child Abuse and Maltreatment· Identifying Child Abuse Training· Toilet Training and Helping Caregivers to Toilet Train their Children· ESI Early Screening Inventory Tabs· Identifying Mental Health Concerns in Early Childhood
· Child Development CPSE Presentation· Mental Wellness for Parents· How to toilet train children· Parent Workshop Child on how to address Early Childhood Challenging Behaviors· How to Address Separation Anxiety
· Conflict Resolution· Cultural Competence· Maintaining Mental Wellness· Professionalism in the Workplace· Taking Care of Your Stress· Team Building and Teamwork· Improving Communication among staff· What is the value of the Assessment Process?· Working with Difficult/Challenging Parents.
More trainings under Training list under services and fees.
Provide mental health support to parents, children and staff:
Conduct Classroom observations of children, teachers, and environment:
Design interventions and strategies for staff:
Review and follow up on screening results (cognitive and social-emotional tools):
Ongoing monitoring & record keeping:
Work in collaboration:
Staff and Client trainings: Spanish/ English and Mandarin on: